Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches

I saw a bunch of these scattered all over Charlotte. And one day I just wanted a quick sandwich to fill me up, should have opted to make my own...

Fake 50's vibe? Couldn't tell you.
Nothing was more fun then walking into a place you have never eaten at and the cashier has the personality of a rock [sorry rocks]. And then fails to tell you that CHEESE is EXTRA on a SUB SANDWICH. Their 'gourmet' sandwich options go up to 18... 18 different subs you have to pay extra for cheese, chips and soda, nice. Two people for two 'cheese' added sandwiches? $18 and change...

What did I like? The chips were pretty good, other than their $1.22 price tag. They were kettle cooked and you have three options in plan [my favorite], BBQ that has a overpowering pepper taste and one other that slips my mind. What else did I like? It's a stretch but the bread was how I like it, fluffy in the middle and a tougher outside.

What would I change? I don't have all the time in the world to write about what I didn't like and you don't have to time to read it so I will be as brief as I can. Price, like I said was killer. While eating, all I could think of was the other places I could have spent 18 dollars and got triple the product. My [and all] the tables were dirty... enough said. The lame metal signs all over the place with dumb cute sayings... I am not at a Applebees thank you very much. Any sandwich you get is LETTUCE EXPLOSION, because there is no better way to pad your sandwich then two to three pieces of meat and a dump truck full of iceberg lettuce.  Most importantly the taste. I couldn't make out how my sandwich tasted because I couldn't get through the lettuce and the pounds of mayonnaise.
LETTUCE EXPLOSION!
Recommendation? If you want a quick 'sub' with lots of white stuff and iceberg go knock yourself out. I just hope your not playing for more than yourself. DON'T get the bacon because I did and I couldn't figure out how it was cooked... [shuttering] if you do crave a sub I can think of a few places that gives a better price and a better overall product, two of which start with a Q and a S. I have to find me a Which Wich. 

Jimmy John's Website [Charlotte]: Jimmy John's at Matthews

No comments:

Post a Comment